Place and time
Birzhevaya Line 14, ITMO University, room 550.
The event starts at 6.30pm.
On July 25, starting from 6.30pm, a lecture titled "How to Invest in Hi-Tech Projects That Will Cost Billions" will be hosted at ITMO University.
Sharing his experience and expertise will be Anton Gopka, venture investor, co-founder and general partner of ATEM Capital, and dean of #itmotech, ITMO University's Faculty of Technological Management and Innovations.
The lecture will focus on the following topics:
- how to recognize a project with potential to make billions in profits;
- how to gain access to exclusive deals;
- why lossmaking businesses and unprofitable projects can cost billions of dollars;
- how to overcome the high entry barrier in venture investments;
- what competencies, experience and tools are important for evaluating technological projects;
- how to become a co-owner of a future tech giant.
The lecture will be followed by a Q&A session and informal networking.
The event is organized as part of ITMO University's Master's program "Investments in Technologies Sector", which trains specialists capable of conducting effective evaluation of hi-tech products and startups and investing in them. The program allows to develop all competencies and skills needed to become a successful venture investor and head for strategy and innovations at major corporations. You can learn more about the program on the faculty's website (in Russian). Admission exams will take place on August 5-6.
Registration and a link to online broadcast of the lecture can be found here.