Place and time
Kronverksky Pr. 49, ITMO University, assembly hall.
Kadetskaya Liniya 3B, ITMO University.
The event starts at 2pm.
On October 15-19, ITMO University will host the 10th International Conference 'Basic Problems of Optics' (BPO-2018).
The event's extensive program includes presentations on the following topical issues of optics:
- optics of femto- and attosecond pulses;
- quantum optics and fundamental spectroscopy;
- coherent processes of interaction of light with matter;
- new principles of optical transmission, processing and storage of information;
- optical materials of photonics;
- optics for biology and medicine.
The conference will open on October 15 at 2pm.
The event's working languages are Russian and English.
'BPO-2018' will bring together world's leading scientists in the field including:
- Zhores Alferov, Vladimir Vasilyev (ITMO University), the conference's chairmen;
- Eugene Alexandrov (Ioffe Institute, St. Petersburg), chairman of the program committee;
- Vladislav Bougrov (ITMO University), Valeriy Kandidov (Moscow State University), Sergei Kozlov (ITMO University), Vladimir Makarov (Moscow State University), deputy chairmen of the program committee.
ParticipantsAll ITMO University students and staff are invited to attend.
- D. S. Rozhdestvensky Optical Society
- ITMO University
- Moscow State University
- St. Petersburg State University
- Vavilov State Optical Institute'
- Ioffe Institute
- 'LOMO' (Leningrad Optical Mechanical Association) OJSC
The conference is supported by:
- Optical Society of America (OSA)
- The international society for optics and photonics (SPIE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
'Basic Problems of Optics' organization committee
tel./fax +7 (812) 232 14 67
The conference's website