Place and time
May 30 - June 1
ITMO University Congress Center
DTGS is an emerging academic forum in the interdisciplinary Internet Studies field. The mission of the conference is to provide a collaborative platform for researchers and experts to discuss the transformative impact of digital technologies on the way we communicate, work and live. Each year it brings together scholars from various countries and of different professional background.
The event is co-organized by the ITMO University (QS profile), the leading Russian university in the area of information technologies, and the National Research University Higher School of Economics, globally known for its social, political and economic research (QS profile).
DTGS welcomes multidisciplinary papers that apply Social and Humanitarian Studies to the research on institutions, practices, communications and behavior in cyberspace. The general program falls into the following tracks:
- eSociety: Social Informatics, Virtual Communities, Ethical and Security Issues
- ePolity: Politics in Cyberspace, Electronic & Smart Governance, E-Democracy & Participation, Open Government & Data
- eHumanities: Digital Culture, Education and Communication Issues
- eCity: Smart Cities, Urban Governance and Planning using ICTS
- eEconomy: Digital Economy and ICT – driven Economic Institutions and Practices
- eCommunication: Online Political Communication, the New Media and Social Relations
- Workshop on Internet Psychology: Online Cognition, Digital Socialization, Identity & Self-Presentation Online, Psychology of Gaming & Cybersport, The Use of Immersive and Augmented Reality in Psychology, Problematic & Pathologic Online Behavior, Psychology of Social Networking & Mobile Interactions, Big Data in Cyberpsychology, Psychological Aspects of Cybersecurity
- Workshop on Computational Linguistics: Computer Modeling of Language, Natural Language Processing, Speech Technologies, Digital Linguistic Resources, Linguistic Analysis of Social Networks